Neon for Brunch

The weather in Houston continues to be what can only be described as "scorching hot." It was so hot this past Sunday that I nearly couldn't drink my coffee while we were at brunch.  We went to Tiny Boxwoods because my H had never been.

My first experience there was excellent---the line was long but things moved quickly. This time around, it was a disaster.  We waited in line for about 45 minutes just to order and without caffeine in my system, every little thing was bothering me. Like that the coffee ran out just as I just as I was filling my cup and that people were putting their purses on chairs when the restaurant was packed.  If the food wasn't so incredible and the atmosphere wasn't so pretty, I don't think I'd go back.  I had the ham and cheese kolache and a banana and nutella muffin. It was delicious.



(clearly taken after I had some coffee, hence the smile)


Thankfully, my neon pink dress was a stark contrast to the mood I was in that morning (I get pretty cranky without some caffeine in my system).


Sandals- Steve Madden
Neckace- Regina Pierallini (similar, love this!)
Hat- Ann Taylor outlet (similar; similar)


Houston ladies--what are your favorite brunch places!?

18 comments :

  1. Ah, I totally get cranky when I'm waiting in line for brunch... gotta keep reminding yourself that it's worth it! ;) Love this cute look, Veronika.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Tiny's! But yes, you're right, that place can get out of control busy. I love Shade's brunch and Backstreet Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @unknown---- I go to shade AND backstreet all the time :) love the eggs benedict at both places! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't believe that dress is from H&M...you'd never know it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect brunch outfit! You look so pretty.
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. absolutely gorgeous in such a colourful outfit!

    I absolutely adore your blog. !

    Following u now via Goggle +. Follow me back if you like! ♥
    Say meow to me on:
    Miss Kwong: From Catwalk to Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I LOVE this dress on you, the color is fab and once again that purse is so, so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love neon pink with that hat.

    http://the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you been to St. Genevieve's off of Kirby and 59. It is excellent!! $13 bottomless Bellini's and a Bloody Mary bar. The BLT was to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love going to Benjy's for brunch. Cute dress! You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the neon Veronika! I also love Tiny's & Shade; Down House is one of my new favorites though....and great coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really LOVE the dress!!! It's so vibrant but sweet at the same time!! =D

    xoRosie
    http://teacupsanddresses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. My friend and I were just complaining about tIny's last time we were there. The wait is absurd. I don't know if I'll go back anytime soon! Next time, Benjy's.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love tinys, tinys5, el tiempo, el real, downhouse, shade, and canopy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your outfit!! I am also from Houston, I've never been to tiny's I might check it out this weekend.

    http://carrmacedo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks fantastic!

    julia.fair10 at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...