Home Tour: Updates w/ Furniture & Decor

I am excited to share with you a photo-tour of our new home with furniture and decor!  I took these over the weekend after cleaning like a maniac.

Dark hardwood floors are beautiful, but I've never vacuumed so much in my life.  Because our second floor is basically one long rectangle, the vacuuming is actually pretty easy so no complaints here. 

I'm going to show the home by room, working from the first floor, to the third floor. Remember, you can click on any of the photos to enlarge them.  You'll see some temporary blinds in our home right now---and I have to give a quick shout-out to Ready Shade blinds...it's like $10 a pack and they are amazing.  We plan to get curtains but until then, these are doing the trick!

So here is our guest bedroom that is downstairs on the first floor of our home.  It has french doors both leading into it and leading out to our backyard.
This is the guest bath

When you go up these stairs to our second floor, you say HI to Lulu:

Behind Lulu is where our half bath is. I love that we have one on this floor because we spend so much time in the living room/kitchen/dining area and it's nice not to have to go upstairs to use the bathroom. It's great for when we have guests too!

Next up, immediately to your right as you go up the stairs is our kitchen:

counter-height bar stools were a total steal at IKEA!  Absolutely love them and glad we went with something light since everything else is so dark. It creates a lovely contrast.

Next up is our dining area. It's small and I think I'll eventually switch out that table, but honestly, we just really love eating at the island in our kitchen.

We also have this great little nook that we can use to display things in the area on the left of the picture above. Eventually I'll figure out what I want to put there, but for now, there's a picure frame, glass canister and candle.


Our living room is where we relax, watch TV and where I blog!  It has doors that go out to a small balcony. We haven't purchased anything to go on the balcony yet but since it's end of season it might be a good time to check out the sales.

 New pillow from Marshalls Home Goods for $14.99!


That's our entire second floor. Heading up to our third floor, you'll find my messy office (with remnants from my hail video over the weekend still there)

Then, down the hallway you'll find our master bedroom, bath and closets:

(As a side note, our home was a model so many of the walls are painted already---I plan to change it eventually---though I love the walls in the living room, kitchen and master bath...
I may change the master and the guest room)

My new IKEA HEMNES dresser. Fits SO much stuff!

Here are some additional shots of my closet, which is right off the master bath,
which you'll see in just a moment:
And here is our master bath. I love the wall color a lot, as mentioned above.
It's all travertine tile and counter tops.



Well ladies, that's everything!  I hope you enjoyed this little tour and I can't wait to share our updates and little projects with you all.  We feel settled into our home now and that's a wonderful feeling.


xoxo,


Veronika.

62 comments :

  1. Wow, your house is so beautiful! Love the kitchen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new home is just beautiful! I love the dark wood floors! I can't believe how quickly you got everything set up! It must be nice to feel settled in:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely home - you keep it so neat and stylish!

    I love your bedside lamps and pillows and the trays you have on your coffee table and island (especially with the floral decorations)...lots of inspiration for me!

    We're still furnishing our house (we moved in July) as I want to make sure that I only buy pieces I truly love :-) I'm having the hardest time finding the right lamps and pictures...and master bedroom bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is so beautiful! I'm drooling over here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That kicthen and master bath are divine!! Those would be excalty the colors for fixtures, tile, wood etc I would want in my home! So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous home, v! i am particularly in love with the island/stools in the kitchen. you have such a clean yet warm aesthetic - i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is so beautiful!

    I watched your makeup youtube last night and kept thinking that you look like Sandra Bullock. Well done, I look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you have any particualar stores that you would share that you like to shop at for your home? It seems like everything flows so well together! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the kitchen barstools and the Ikea dresser...great finds. Your closet/bathroom is a dream!! What a beautiful home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful Veronika! I want to come stay in your guest bedroom, haha! Are you going to post any outside pics?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your new home is beautiful, I love the bathroom, I think is my favorite part, having a closet in, and that huge tub. I've searched these glass containers for my vanity for so long and still not find them.
    The countertop of your kitchen is the dream of my mother, I love every detail in crystal / glass and stainless steel.
    The dresser of his room with drawers black square as "Japanese" is adorable ...
    It is also very nice all the beautiful details of delicate flowers around the house

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a gorgeous house! And I love your decorating style as well. Now that you've got everything...next is babies mwuahaha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. amber---I get sandra bullock a lot! I hope I age like her too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @amethystbutterfly I wrote an entire story about where I shop for home decor on galtime.com

    http://galtime.com/article/living/43091/17120/decorating-your-home-where-shop-houston

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been looking for counter height bar stools too! Are these the ones you bought?
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S79862331/#/S79862331/

    Thanks, Veronika!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful home! Love love love the dark hardwood and your kitchen is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  17. pamela---yes---but the ones we got have dark brown legs and the "natural" cover, NOT white. And they are counter height, not bar height.

    ReplyDelete
  18. the house is gorgeous!!! I love the master bath and kitchen especially. So jealous and makes me want to renovate. or move. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your home is gorgeous and I love your style. The master bath and kitchen are my favorites. I love how everything is so open and spacious.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks great! LOVE the kitchen & bathrooms!

    Please post if you find a great cleaning product for the floors. We have really dark floors, too & I still haven't found my HG yet. I've tried the Swiffer, Bona (best so far) & Shark Steam Mop.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty! I love all the paint colors & the dark wood!

    ReplyDelete
  22. V-
    Wondering if you might do some photos or a video of how you store your jewelry? I'm having a hard time figuring out a way to organize my stuff so that it's accessible, but not messy. Any tips - especially for necklaces?
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow what a lovely place you have! Looks amazing.. I seriously need to start to do some DIY at my place...

    http://iseesc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous home! And omg i'm SO jealous of your closet!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Where did you get the fruit holder and the white tray on the kitchen countertop?

    ReplyDelete
  26. anon-fruit holder is crate and barrel, tray is west elm

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love it! You have incredible taste/style. I love seeing your home. More more more!:) What a pretty home! I'm in love with you stairs! I so wanna do that in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Everything looks great- you did an awesome job at decorating!

    I love the neat wall angles in the master...and marshalls has THE best pillows!!

    mindofmr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. love! wondering where you got the shiny white tray in the master bath? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow i love your new home! very girly and modern. I am glad to see that you guys settled in so quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your home is beautiful! Love all the details! And I have to ask.. is that doggy bed near the stairs from Target? If so, we have the same exact bed for our dog. We have an english bulldog, so she kind of stretches it out when she gets in but she looooves it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. The new house is gorgeous V!! Everything looks fantastic, I especially love the kitchen and master bath.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great space! I especially love the bathroom and closet!!

    norma-inthisworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love how you've done up your house! My current place shares similar tones as I love earthy tones too but my house is filled with lotsa stuff. I'm not sure how I can clear everything & make it look as neat, fuss-free & relaxing as yours...

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lulu is just killing me with cuteness! That little face is just adorable :)
    You can buy these great cloth mop things - they aren't a great idea as a fulltime solution as they get quite expensive but they're handy to have around for quick pre-visitor clean ups. I grew up in a house with hardwood floors and I feel you about how dirty they get.
    As everyone has said - your house is beautiful. I love the fruit display in the kitchen and I hope you won't mind if I steal the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful! I love everything about it. Colors, furniture, the giant windows in the living room. And I'm drooling over your kitchen. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Amazing!!
    please follow my blog!! what do you think?!
    http://www.ultimatechicdiary.blogspot.com/

    XO,S

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love how clean the lines and colors are! Your kitchen is awesome! And bathroom is my favorite with all the travertine.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love this! The purples, pinks, browns, and beige are all so lovely!

    Wood floors throughout the house are my dream. I love how the dark contrast with the lighter stuff. Very nice decorating ;D

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gorgeous home! Are you planning to do anything with the empty wall space adjacent to your closet window? Such wasted space. I really love your office shelf.
    -J

    ReplyDelete
  41. Found you through Honey We're Home, and I'm so happy I did! You have a gorgeous home and your blog is adorable. Love your kitchen, as I am a fan of dark wood :) I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  42. hi kara :) I love honey we're home! welcome to my blog and i'm happy to have you here!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I seem to remember you posting where you purchased your guest room blanket/duvet - but I can't remember where! Where did you get it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love your style - fashion & home decor! Absolutely love the printed comforter...where can I find it?

    ReplyDelete
  45. steph---it is from Brocade Home :) www.brocadehome.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Veronika I love your home!!! You have such a great job decorating already! I agree that the light counter stools in the kitchen look great- love the tile backsplash too! And your puppy is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  47. thanks Megan :) I admire your home and sense of taste so much, so I appreciate your feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love your new home! Where did you get that white comforter from?! I love that it is ruched!

    ReplyDelete
  49. @longisland---it's from West Elm and it's a duvet cover :) thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  50. the place looks just amazing, some really great touches in every room. I love trying new things, I just added some black rugs to my office and really like how it is making the whole room feel

    ReplyDelete
  51. I learned a bunch of new, fascinating information. If you could send me your newsletter link, I would be very happy.

    Floors Direct

    ReplyDelete
  52. Beautiful home!!! What brand paint and name of color did you use in your bathroom?? I have those exact tiles in the condo I just bought and love the color choice you have. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love your home, so beautiful! If you don't mind sharing, what brand paint did you use in your master bathroom and what's the name of that color? I have those exact same tiles and would love to use that color you have. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...