I was tagged by gorgeous Fetching Fashionista Justine to do this fun little "get to you know your weird quirks" post. I have so many, that I thought it would be fun to share just a few of them (I'll save the rest of them for another post!)
ETA: I realized Justine actually gave me one of the "Beautiful Blogger" Awards. I didn't realize that at first so thank you again Justine!
1. I was born in Slovakia (the former Czechoslovakia) and my family escaped communism when I was 3 years old (and when I say escaped, I totally mean that in the absolute truest sense of the word.) I lived in Canada until I was 23, and moved to the US after that. I like to think of myself as a citizen of all lands! (Except, I'm not really a US citizen...yet)
2. I watch every awful and cheesy TV show and reality show. One Tree Hill? absolutely; Jersey Shore? bring it on!; Southern Belles Louisville? it's on my DVR; Rock of Love? One of my faves.We switched to AT&T U-Verse just so we could record 4 shows at once. I love TV and I'm not afraid to say it!
3. I'm seven years younger than my husband (see Justine- I'm even more jail bait!)
4. I can speak 3 languages- English (obviously), French (I completed a French immersion program from grades 4 through 12) and my native language, Slovak. I don't ever get to practice my French, sadly, but I do still have a great grasp of Slovak. I secretly want to teach it to our future children so my husband won't know what we are saying. (tee hee hee)
5. I didn't get my dog until I was 22. I had to beg for years and years (and years) and my parents never let me get one (I was allowed to have fish and a hampster once-which they hated.) It took a divorce and more guilt-trip begging to finally convince my mom to let me have a dog. Now she has two of her own dogs (go figure!)
6. I don't like sushi. I had one bad experience, and it was all over for me. When people say they like sushi, I secretly think they only like it because it's trendy, even though in the back of my mind I know that's not true. Oh and once, I tried home-made sushi (obviously not made by me) and I thought it tasted like sewage (and that's not even the bad experience I'm referring to.)
7. I am the worst worrier ever. I worry about absolutely everything. I constantly picture the worst case scenario in every situation and plot out what I would do if it were to happen. I think it's a defense mechanism, but who really knows?
I nominate these fellow bloggers:
9 to 5 chic
Rock that Look
Oh, and to make me feel better about my weirdness, please share your quirky traits with me in the comments below!